Pure Hazelwood Teething Necklaces 0 to 4 Years
- Why Hazelwood?: Hazelwood jewelry is an unconventional and therefore, very original product that can be used as a natural healing product, but that is not a medicine. Pure Hazelwood has been conducting research for more than 6 years to understand the properties of the hazel wood from the Boreal forest. This wood has been used traditionally by Native Americans for centuries for its medicinal properties. To date, their research has demonstrated that hazel wood is very rich in polyphenols, molecules known to have antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- How does it work?: In contact with the skin, hazelwood acts somehow like a patch by releasing its molecules. According to thousands of testimonials collected for more than 18 years, it may help ease the symptoms related to oxidative stress and inflammation such as : teething pain, heartburn, skin problems (psoriasis, eczema, acne), joint pain and mouth sores, to name a few. For best results, we highly recommend wearing the necklace and/or the bracelet at all times, directly in contact with the skin.
- Lifespan: For best results, we highly recommend replacing the necklace and/or the bracelet after about 3 to 6 months. This period may vary from one person to another, depending on the severity of symptoms. Customers generally rely on either one of the following signs to evaluate when they need to get a new necklace or bracelet. First, the extremities of the wood beads will tend to get darker with normal use, showing that the product have reached its full potential. Second, the symptoms slowly returning are also an undeniable reminder.
- When to start using?: It is at the discretion of the parent. Necklaces to relieve teething pain have been used in First Nations traditions for a long time as an alternative medicine. So as soon as you feel that your baby would benefit from wearing the necklace, it's possible to do so. You must ensure that the child cannot bring the necklace to his/her mouth by choosing an adequate size. Generally, 11" is for 0-2 years, 13" for 2-5 years.
- Safety: The screw clasp we use for our baby necklaces (11" and 13") has been carefully chosen for the safety of young children. It complies to all American, European and Canadian safety standards for children’s jewelry. When there is tension on the necklace, the screw clasp will release and the beads will be held on the wire by clamps so that the child cannot access the small pieces. Pure Hazelwood works with accredited laboratories to ensure that Canadian, American and European safety standards are met. This security is valid only on necklaces changed every 3 months maximum. Warnings: Parents must supervise children less than 3 years old wearing any necklaces. For maximum security, change the necklace every 3 months. Do not allow children to handle or wear the necklace while in a crib, bed or cot. After a while, contact with water, air and movement, will wear out the wire used to make the necklace which can weaken significantly. Remember to renew the necklace when it shows signs of excessive wear. BEWARE OF HAZELWOOD NECKLACES FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OLD THAT DO NOT HAVE THIS CLASP (BEWARE OF IMITATIONS).
- Hazel wood is highly resistant to clear water. You can keep the jewelry on in the shower; that prevents you from forgetting to put it back on afterwards. However, we strongly suggest removing your necklace or bracelet if you go in a pool or hot tub. Chemicals such as chlorine can damage the hazel wood.
- Please note actual product may differ slightly than pictured.
- Styles with a (GS) after the name denote that style includes Gemstones.
- Made in Canada.
11" Necklace $13
"(GS)" Denotes a Gemstone Style
13" Necklace $13
"(GS)" Denotes a Gemstone Style